*** INTRODUCTORY PRICE ***
Discover the myths and legends of the Igorots of the Philippines. You will definitely be amazed as to how intricate our own folklore creatures are. You will realize that our myths and legends are as great as that of the other countries or even more so.
Gayang shared the stories about these creatures based on how the old folks of the Cordilleras told them:
- Misshapen man-like beings and are so much like the zombies of western literature. They have large eyes which glow in the dark. A simple touch by a bingil will bring sickness and death.
- A two-feet tall forest spirt said to be the guardian of animals. It transforms into a white one-eyed deer and lure hunters away from their original target. Anyone who succeeds in wounding a Lampong will fall ill and eventually die.
- A guardian spirit that guards properties against thieves. The swelling from a Pili's bite can only be cured through a ritual through a ritual which involves sacrificing a chicken.
- A dreadful creature which feasts on the souls of people, especially of yet to be born children. It is described as a winged dog with a human face. It is claimed to be similar to a "Manananggal".
- The hero of the famous epic Ullalim sang by bards in every tribe of Kalinga. He is a dashing young man born with superhuman abilities. It was said that even trees and other plants bow down to him when he passes by.
- A benevolent guardian of nature that usually looks like a normal human. It lives in boulders, rocks or sacred trees called "Patpatayan".
- A shape-shifting, man eating giant humanoid that lives in the mountains. It has a long hair, an ape-like teeth, long claws and a hardened skin. It lures its victims by taking the form of their friends or relatives.
THE PEOPLE BEHIND GAYANG
EDITOR: Gerald "Majic" Asbucan
ADVISERS: Danny Acuña and Tor Sagud
RESEARCH ADVISER: Maya Mayaten
ARTISTS and STORY TELLERS:
- Gerald "Majic" Asbucan
- Tor Sagud
- Eddie Harrison Peckley
- Angelica Mae Olli
- Alwen Juson
- Keith Graene Pablo
- Carl Christian Briones
- Winnie Claire Gotana
- Rey Carlos Florendo
- Divine Grace Angagca
- Joshua Julio
ORDER NOW WHILE COPIES ARE AVAILABLE
A new BRAND from the Mountains of The Cordilleras!
Gayang started as a project of young and budding artists of Baguio City headed by two of the countries' best artists. The original plan was just to create the comics and to share stories about the mythical and legendary creatures of Cordillera Folklore. However, the group has realized that it needs to attract more interest from people to learn more about our folklore and our own unique creatures and monsters. So they have reworked the whole project and came up with merchandises to make Gayang not just a comics but a Brand.
The Gayang Project is owned and managed by Gripo Comics. It is a non-stock, non-profit organization. Gripo has been helping out young artists to enhance their skills and to realize their dreams for more than a decade without collecting any fees. Through The Gayang Project, we may someday have the best comics the Philippines has ever seen.
The Gayang Project serves as a means to acquire more funds for these young talents. In every Gayang Merchandise that you purchase, these young group of talented and dedicated people will be closer towards the realization of their dreams and aspirations. Let us all support and help them out and revive the fun in reading Pinoy Komiks!